SQF Complex Fire Resources
The SQF Complex Fire, which includes the Shotgun and Castle Fires, has forced evacuations over the past few months in Tulare County. Our hearts go out to the entire community. Below is a list of resources for families in need and ways other families can help.
If you have a local resource to add or edit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources may change daily. Locations may fill up as more families evacuate. Please call beforehand.
EVACUATION & SUPPLY CENTERS
• Exeter Memorial Building, 324 N. Kaweah Avenue, Exeter
• Porterville Community College Football Stadium, 900 S. Main Street, Porterville
• American National Red Cross is accepting volunteers and monetary donations: www.redcross.org/donate/donation.html
• Rocky Hill Community Church, 237 S. E Street, Exeter: Accepting donations of baby supplies, dog and cat food, ramen, mac and cheese, cereal, oatmeal, hygiene products, toys, clothes for all ages, granola bars, gift cards for fuel or food, beef jerky, energy drinks, pallets, and duffle bags. Before donating, please call or text 740-8718.
• Porterville Fairgrounds, 2700 Teapot Dome Avenue, Porterville (large animals)
• Tulare County Animal Shelter, 14131 Avenue 256, Visalia (small animals, please call 679-6222)
• Woodlake Rodeo Grounds, 19400 Avenue 398, Woodlake (large animals)
ALERTS & MISSING PERSONS
• Tulare County Sheriff’s Headquarters: 833 S. Akers Street, Visalia. 802-9400 or 740-4450 or email@example.com
• Fire Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 697-5148
If you haven’t been evacuated yet, familiarize yourself with how you’ll want to prepare your house before you leave, what should be in your emergency supply kit, and more at www.readyforwildfire.org
After experiencing the devastating effects of the California wildfire season firsthand, SAMI-Aid is offering those who have been affected by the wildfires a free telehealth appointment through their on-demand platform. Those who have been affected by the California wildfires can call SAMI-Aid at 844-726-4243 to redeem the code for a free consultation for medical advice, prescription refills, behavioral health services, and more.
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Follow Us on Twitter
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways