Splash and Soak!
Summer is in full swing and when it’s scorching hot outside, kids just want to cool off. Here are fun places around the Central Valley for kids to cool off for free starting on July 3rd!
• Centennial Park Splash Pad – Hanford/Armona Road between 11th and 12th Avenues, Hanford
• Coe Park Splash Pad – 43 S. Douty Street, Hanford
• Freedom Park Splash Pad – 2000 9 1/2 Avenue, Hanford
• Hidden Valley Park Splash Pad – 11th and Corner Streets, Hanford
Splash Parks may break down due to unforeseen circumstances. Splash Parks will also be closed for maintenance days. Please plan accordingly. For Splash Park hours, maintenance days, and more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department for the corresponding city.
The following parks are not currently open for water play, but may open later in the year: Centenntial Park in Madera, Del Lago Splash Park in Tulare, Figarden Loop Park Water Play Area in Fresno, Historic Dickey Park Splash Park in Fresno, Inspiration Park in Fresno, JKF Park in Sanger, Lemoore Rotary Youth Plaza in Lemoore, Maldanado Park in Firebaugh, Martin Ray Reilly in Fresno, Mulcahy Park Splash Pad in Tulare, Salazar Park in Selma, Todd Beamer Park Splash Park in Fresno, and Vinland Park in Fresno.
With changes being made daily, please stay connected with the Parks and Recreation Department for the corresponding city for updates.
Is your local splash pad closed? Try these at-home water ideas for a fun way to cool off!
• Play water balloon baseball!
• Have a water shooter war!
• Have a water battle with buckets instead of balloons!
• Create a child-sized “car wash” with PVC pipe!
• Make a water slide out of industrial plastic sheeting!
• Play water balloon catch with pillow cases. Try it with a sheet and two people on a team for extra fun!
• Create a water-sensory activity in a kiddie pool!
• Play a game of Duck, Duck, Splash!
• Team up for a water relay race!
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Follow Us on Twitter
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways