Pencil Frame Photos
By Megan Murray Elsener
Break out those No. 2 pencils for more than just back-to-school supplies and tests. They are an ideal decoration to create frames to display those first day of school photos or yearly school pictures.
1. Select a 5×7 frame. Front-loading frames where the glass pops out are ideal for this project.
2. Sharpen your first pencil to the length of one edge of the glass frame. Continue working clockwise with the next three pencils, sharpening to adjust and make them fit eraser to tip. Use a glue gun to attach the pencils around the edge.
3. Repeat with the next four pencils inside the outer edge you just created. Use glue gun to secure interior pencils.
4. Depending on the size of your photo, you could create a third inner box of pencils if desired.
5. Put a 5×7 or 4×6 photo underneath the glass and snap the pencil-framed glass into the frame. Place on a bookshelf to capture that back-to-school excitement!
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Follow Us on Twitter
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways