Light Bulb Snowman
Make your own frosty snowman with this winter craft
By Megan Murray Elsener
When it’s just too cold to play outside, this easy craft allows you to create your own snowman in the warmth of your home. With just a light bulb and a few craft supplies, you can make your own jolly happy soul with a corncob pipe, carrot nose and eyes made of coal, or in this case, puffy paint.
• Light bulbs
• White glitter
• Craft bond glue spray
• Puffy paint
• Twine or string
• Hot glue gun
1. Lay down scrap paper or newspaper under your light bulb. Spray the entire light bulb with craft bond glue spray, while being careful to not get it all over your hands.
2. Holding the light bulb by the metal end, douse the entire glue-covered light bulb with glitter. Shake off excess glitter and allow to completely dry for a couple of minutes.
3. Use twine or string to securely tie around the base of the light bulb so you can hang the finished project.
4. Take two small sticks and break them into the desired size for arms. Use your glue gun to glue on the two arms on either side of the light bulb.
5. With puffy paint, draw a face and buttons on the front of the light bulb to create your own personalized snowman. Let dry completely and then hang them around your house.
Megan Murray Elsener is a Chicago mother of three.