Sizzling Sidewalk Paint
By Megan Murray Elsener
School is finally out and the best season of the year has arrived! Skip the expensive store-bought sidewalk paint and make this easy recipe all summer long. Make being outside that much brighter!
1. To make the paint, it needs equal parts cornstarch, baking soda and water. I start with a glass-measuring cup and mix 1/3 cup water with 1/3 cup cornstarch and 1/3 cup baking soda. It will be tough at first, but keep stirring to mix well.
2. I suggest using a cupcake tray as your paint holder to hold a variety of colors. I made the recipe ratio three times to fill the six-cupcake holes. Or you can easily use plastic cups for each color too. Pour the mixture into the tray holes. Add either washable paint or food coloring and stir well to get the desired color.
3. Get painting. Use foam brushes or paintbrushes to make sidewalk masterpieces. You can store extra paint in a jar with a lid.
4. Once your painting is done, put vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz the painted sidewalks to watch the paint erupt and sizzle.
• Baking soda
• Washable paint or food coloring
• Foam brushes or paint brushes
• Spray bottle
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Follow Us on Twitter
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways