Reindeer Candy Canes
By Megan Murray Elsener
Candy canes are everywhere right now, and who doesn’t love the taste of peppermint! So pick up a box to create these adorable candy cane versions of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
These edible seasonal treats add fun to the top of presents and as stuffers in stockings hung by the chimney with care.
1. Place two candy canes side-by-side with the arched parts going in opposite directions to be the reindeer’s antlers. If you have Scotch tape, use a small piece to wrap around the center of the two candy canes to hold them in place.
2. Wrap two pieces of brown pipe cleaner tightly around the top center of the joined candy canes to create a face. Secure the end of the pipe cleaner in the back by twisting it under another part of the pipe cleaner.
3. With craft glue, make a face with two googly eyes and a red pom-pom for a nose. Don’t use a glue gun because the heat will melt the plastic wrapper on the candy cane and make it inedible!
4. Let dry completely before enjoying.
• Candy canes
• Brown pipe cleaners
• Googly eyes
• Red craft pom-poms
• Craft glue
• Scotch tape (optional)
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Follow Us on Twitter
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways