Upcycle an old can for this festive windsock just in time for the Fourth of July. Let the kids make their own and deck the porch out in red, white and blue!
- Peel the label off of an old can. Use a can opener to completely remove the lid of the can. Rinse it clean with soap and water, then dry the inside and outside.
- Paint the outside of the can blue with acrylic paint. Let it dry for 30 minutes, then apply a second coat and let dry one hour.
- Take star stickers and apply them all over the outside of the can.
- Cut stripes of red and white ribbon into 2 foot long sections. Alternate hot gluing the stripes to the inside of the can on the end with the opening.
- Poke 2 holes in the other end of the can and run a loop of fishing line through both. Secure with 2 knots. Now your patriotic creations are ready to catch some wind!
Looking for more Fourth of July ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!