By Central California Parent
These tasty little bits are perfect snacks to keep on hand in the freezer. Your kids will love decorating them with all their favorite toppings!
1. Cut up 4 bananas into one inch thick discs.
2. Melt 3 cups of dark chocolate either over a double boiler or slowly in the microwave.
3. Organize toppings into separate bowls. Some great ideas are sprinkles, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, crushed Oreos, chopped coconut or any chopped up candy.
4. Dip the bananas into the chocolate with a fork and cover completely. Scrape off the excess chocolate, then transfer onto a sheet of wax paper.
5. Let the kids sprinkle the chocolate covered bananas with their choice of toppings immediately after dipping.
6. Once all the bananas are dipped and topped, place them in the freezer. After about 1 hour they should be hard enough to remove from the wax paper and place into a tupperware container. No need to thaw these treats, they’re great right out of the freezer!
Looking for more tasty treats? Follow us on Pinterest!
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways