Work With Us
Work With Us
Central California Parent is a free parenting publication available in and catered towards Central California. Every month, we post a calendar full of events for families, health information, parenting articles, local directories, and more! Our mission is to present a high-quality family-friendly publication for parents in the Central Valley with locally relevant, insightful, and useful content. Central California Parent has been part of the community since 1993!
- Growing organization with immense opportunity for a real “go-getter”
- Very flexible work schedule
- Generous company holiday schedule
Part-Time Sales & Marketing Associate
Central California Parent is seeking a part-time, in-office (15-25 hours/week, flexible) Sales & Marketing Associate. This associate should be organized, creative, detail-oriented, and have the ability to self-manage. They should be excited to contribute new ideas to further grow the business. This position may evolve over time to include more responsibilities. This associate must be passionate about the community!
- Support current clients
- Generate new clients
- Confidently make sales calls and visits
- Use a CRM system daily
- Build strong relationships with all clients
- Coordinate events and promotions
- Attend and coordinate outreach events (may fall on nights or weekends)
- Increase brand awareness through social media
- Collect and cover local content geared towards parents
- Perform general office duties (filing, paperwork, answering phones, etc.)
- Assist in the distribution of magazines*
- Strong proofreading, reading, and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Some sales experience preferred
- Comfortable in a front-facing position within the company
- Knowledgeable about social media and newsletters
- Very computer savvy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Google Drive
- Knowledge of Zoho CRM or other CRM system**
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or other mass email system**
- Basic web design experience**
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop experience**
Please note: some aspects of this position will differ due to the pandemic.
* Distribution of magazines will require a valid California Driver’s License, proof of a registered vehicle for use, and auto insurance on the vehicle for use. Drivers are required to pass a background check and drug screening at any time. Drivers must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs at a time. Those who do not qualify to distribute magazines, but do qualify for the rest of the job posting are still encouraged to apply. They should simply note this upon speaking with a hiring manager.
** These qualifications are preferred, but not required. Those who do meet these additional qualifications should be sure to note them on their resume.
To apply for this opportunity:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sales & Marketing Associate”
- Attach your resume
- Include a short blurb explaining why you are interested in the position