Creek Fire Resources
As the Creek Fire grows, more and more Central California families are being forced to evacuate. Our hearts go out to the entire community. Below is a list of resources for families in need and ways other families can help.
If you have a local resource to add or edit, please email us at email@example.com
Resources may change daily. Locations may fill up as more families evacuate. Please call beforehand.
Thanks to our generous Central California community, many donation sites are overflowing with material goods. When possible, make monetary donations to reputable organizations helping those affected and/or register with them to volunteer your time. If you wish to donate goods, please contact your organization of choice first to identify the specific good they may still need and make appropriate arrangements.
EVACUATION & SUPPLY CENTERS
• Clovis North High School, 2770 E. International Avenue, Fresno (services currently offered at Clovis North will only be accessible virtually by calling 1-800-REDCROSS until 9/21, at which time, services will be available at Clovis Veterans.)
• Clovis Veterans Memorial District, 808 Fourth Street, Clovis (open 8 a.m.–7 p.m. daily, critical document replacement services, social services, economic recovery and financial services, motor vehicle services, healthcare, mental health services, Red Cross, and more.)
• Mariposa County Fairgrounds, 5007 Fairgrounds Road, Mariposa (replaced Oakhurst Community Center which is now closed)
• ACE Hardware in Prather is accepting and distributing donations. 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
• American National Red Cross is accepting volunteers and monetary donations: www.redcross.org/donate/donation.html
• Church of God is accepting donations and gift cards. Please call 578-6847 before you plan to donate. 6901 N. Maple Avenue, Fresno. 345 W. Jefferson Avenue, Fresno.
• CrossCity Christian is collecting gift cards to hand out to evacuated families. You can donate gift cards during church hours. Call 323-9675 for more information.
• Coarsegold Rodeo Grounds, 44777 Rodeo Grounds Lane, Coarsegold (large animals)
• Copperwood Training Stables, 3406 E. Behymer Avenue, Clovis (large and small animals, please call 304-6949.)
• Fresno Fairgrounds, 1121 S. Chance Avenue, Fresno (livestock, please call 994-3108 or 1-888-402-2238, small animals have also been transferred to the Fresno Fairgrounds from the temporary shelter that was at Granite Ridge)
• McLaughlin Parrot Rescue, Fresno (birds, please call 382-3458)
• Oakhurst Community Center, 39800 Road 425B, Oakhurst (small animals)
• Reedley College, 995 N. Reed Avenue, Reedley: Reedley College is ready to accept animals that have been displaced due to the Creek Fire. We are working with the Clovis Rodeo Grounds and Fresno Fairgrounds to support these animal evacuations. For more information on how you can help or donate, please call 260-1538 or 967-1069
• Rick Kelley Performance Horses, 9050 E. Browning Avenue, Clovis (horses, please call 917-2266)
• Waterhouse Animal Hospital, 1115 E. Champlain Avenue, Fresno (small animals, please call 434-4000)
• Wonder Valley Ranch Resort, 6450 Elwood Road, Sanger (livestock, please call 213-8584)
Central California Animal Disaster Team is working with the Sheriff’s Office, Animal Services, and other evacuation partners. If you need evacuation assistance, please text 888-402-2238. The CCADT thanks everyone who has donated pet food and other items. Currently, the CCADT is in need of monetary donations to purchase shelter supplies.
Evolution Quarter Horses is assisting with animal evacuations. If you need assistance with horses, mules, donkeys, or farm animals, call Blake Cadigan (831) 747-5037. If you need assistance with cattle, bison, or exotics, call Danny Ewing 284-9252 or Aaron Sebastian 593-9428. Evolution Quarter Horses runs completely off of community donations. If you’d like to donate, visit their Facebook page.
Many animal center, hospitals, and vets have taken in dogs and cats from the Creek Fire and are now at capacity. Many of them are looking for items in good condition: bedding, blankets, stainless steel feeding and watering bowls, litter boxes, cat and dog food, extra large wire dog crates, steel-framed elevated dog beds, distilled water, hydrogen peroxide, 70% rubbing alcohol, pop-up tents, and cat trees. In addition to items, they may also be in need of volunteers and monetary donations. Contact your local animal center, hospital, or vet and ask how you can help.
VEHICLE & STORAGE ASSISTANCE
• Action Community Church, 101 Sunnyside Avenue #106, Clovis: Families evacuated due to the Creek Fire in need of temporary storage can contact the church. Warehouse and property available for temporary storage. Visit www.actioncommunity.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 797-8410.
• Clovis Christian Church, 1701 Locan Avenue, Clovis: Evacuated Creek Fire families in need of storing or staying in their RV, vehicle, camper, or travel trailer can call 392-4839.
• Clovis Hills North Campus, 10590 N. Willow Ave, Clovis: Parking lot is available for RVs, trailers, and vehicles that need to be parked due to evacuation. Call 297-2600 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Copperwood Training Stables, 3406 E. Behymer Avenue, Clovis: Can store RVs, please call 304-6949.
• Loma Vista Community Church, 9905 E. Shaw Avenue, Clovis: Campus is available for temporary storage, parking, or camping for those displaced by the Creek Fire. Call 917-0752.
• Mountain View Church, 3600 N. Fowler Avenue, Clovis: Evacuated Creek Fire families in need of storing or staying in their RV, vehicle, camper, or travel trailer can call 515-5382.
• Redeemer’s Church, 819 W. Parlier Avenue, Reedley: Parking space for RVs and trailers available for those who have been displaced. Please call 638-3435.
• Rick Kelley Performance Horses, 9050 E. Browning Avenue, Clovis: There is still space to park trailers, boats, and RVs. Call Rick 917-2266 or Alison (925) 337-2444.
ALERTS & MISSING PERSONS
• Missing Persons in Fresno County: 600-3111
• Missing Persons in Madera County: 658-2555
• Information & Media Line: (844) 668-3473
If you haven’t been evacuated yet, familiarize yourself with how you’ll want to prepare your house before you leave, what should be in your emergency supply kit, and more at www.readyforwildfire.org
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Follow Us on Twitter
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways