Fourth of July Fruit Skewers
By Central California Parent
This tasty treat is the perfect addition to any Fourth of July party. It is also a fantastic way to encourage kids and adults alike to eat more fruit on a day filled with hamburgers, chips and ice cream.
1. Alternate threading the raspberries and mini marshmallows on wooden skewers for 7 skewers (If you find the marshmallows sticking, soak the skewers in water for a couple of minutes)
2. On the next 5 skewers, thread the raspberries and mini marshmallows 2/3 of the way down. Thread the blueberries to complete the other 1/3 of each skewer.
3. Line your skewers up to create a flag. Adjust/add fruit so it all lines up evenly.
This is an easy treat for kids to help with as well as eat! Bonus points if you turn this treat into a counting lesson for younger kids!
Looking for more Fourth of July ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways