Tissue Paper Stained Glass
By Central California Parent
- Take a few different colored sheets of tissue paper and cut it into small one inch shapes. Squares are very simple for the kids to cut and look great layered.
- Take your mod podge and paint it onto the glass votive. You’ll want to work in sections since the mod podge will dry quickly. (Mod podge can be easily found at Michaels or Joann’s)
- Randomly arrange the one inch shapes
of tissue paper on top of the wet mod podge. After the entire votive is covered, gently layer a thin layer of mod podge on top of the tissue paper to seal. The mod podge will look odd at first, but it will dry clear.
- Let the mod podge dry for about 4 hours. Once it’s dry add a candle in the middle. The light from the candle will illuminate the tissue paper to look like stained glass.
Looking for more crafts? Follow us on Pinterest!
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways