Ingredients for Dressing
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed juice, from 2 mandarin oranges
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
• 1 clove garlic, smashed
• 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon ground oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Salad
• 2 cups dry whole grain red and white quinoa
• 15-ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1/2 cup chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• 3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
• 1 cup pomegranate arils
• 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
• 8 mandarin oranges, peeled and sliced
1. Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside and discard the smashed garlic clove before serving.
2. Cook the quinoa: Place the quinoa in a large saucepan with 5 cups water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15–20 minutes, cook until tender. There will be some water leftover. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Make the salad: To the mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, green onions, parsley, cilantro, dates, and half of the pomegranate arils and pistachios. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to a large serving plate and top with the sliced oranges. Top with the remaining pomegranate arils and pistachios and enjoy immediately.
* Salad will keep well covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Per Serving: Calories 410; Total Fat 14 g; Sat Fat 1.5 g; Protein 11 g; Carb 64 g; Fiber 9 g; Sugars 20 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 360 mg