Make Your Own Snow Dough
By Megan Murray Elsener
We know bitter cold and foggy days are coming. Prepare yourself with a few household supplies for this easy project that will keep the kiddos busy without venturing outside.
Snow dough is a great sensory activity for preschoolers, but keeps older kids entertained as well.
1. In a large bin or plastic Tupperware, mix ½ cup of white hair conditioner with three cups of baking soda. Using your hands or a spoon, mix together the baking soda and conditioner until it creates a crumbly texture.
2. Add a generous amount of glitter for the snow dough to sparkle.
3. Double the recipe for double the fun if you desire more snow.
4. Mold the snow dough together to make snowballs, snowmen, mountains and more. Add small figurines, Lego men or plastic animals to create scenes.
• Baking soda
• Hair conditioner (white)
• Glitter (optional)
• Tupperware or bin
Central California Parent is the #1 FREE parenting resource for Central Valley families.
Stay connected with Central California Parent throughout the month!
• Like Us on Facebook
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Follow Us on Pinterest
• Follow Us on Twitter
• Subscribe For our Family E-Newsletter
• Read Our Digital Edition
• Enter for our FREE Giveaways